Annandale dentist explains the benefits of cosmetic dentistry for your smile
Many patients wish for a brighter, more even smile. Imperfections such as chips, discoloration, crooked teeth, or missing teeth detract from its appearance. Having a beautiful smile boosts your self-esteem and enhances your personal and professional relationships. Now you can improve your smile and your quality of life with cosmetic dental procedures. Located in Annandale, Dr. Richard Fischer of Evergreen Dental Wellness offers cosmetic dentistry for your smile.
The number of cosmetic dental procedures has significantly increased in recent years. The procedures available are simple ways to alter your physical appearance. However, choosing to alter your smile is a personal decision. Treatments are available to help you achieve a straighter, whiter, more complete smile. Cosmetic dental procedures refer to any treatments that alter the appearance of the teeth and/or gums. The procedures may involve adding or removing material from the teeth or gums to change the size, shape, or color.
Cosmetic dentistry for your smile
No two patients are alike. Each one has unique needs and goals. A consultation with Dr. Fischer is necessary to review your oral health, medical history, concerns, and desired results. During the consultation, your mouth is examined for signs of decay, gum disease, or issues that may interfere with the cosmetic process. Your dentist’s goal is to keep your mouth healthy while giving you a beautiful, natural smile.
Dr. Fischer will help you choose the most appropriate procedure to help you achieve the results you desire. One or a combination of treatments may be necessary. Your treatment plan is customized based on your needs, goals, lifestyle, and budget. Evergreen Dental Wellness offers the following cosmetic dental treatments:
- Teeth whitening
- Teeth bonding
- Porcelain veneers
- Metal-free dental implants
In the world today, there is extra emphasis placed on health and appearance. Enhancing your smile positively affects your overall appearance. It also improves your self-confidence. As an added benefit, the health of your mouth is improved. Your teeth and gums are assessed first for problems. Through the cosmetic procedures, there is a reduced risk of your teeth being worn down or weakened. Aesthetically and functionally speaking, straight, evenly spaced teeth are healthier and easier to brush and floss.
Functional and aesthetic benefits
If you wish to improve your smile, you may be wondering if you need cosmetic or restorative treatments. In many cases, the two go together. Dental procedures are designed to improve the aesthetic appeal, function, and overall health of your mouth. Cosmetic procedures often improve a functional aspect of your mouth such as bite, crowding, or a chipped tooth while altering the look of your smile.
Aesthetics and functionality are enhanced with cosmetic services. A healthy smile is a beautiful smile.
- Professional teeth whitening enhances the brightness of your smile. By having the teeth professionally cleaned and assessed first, you are sure nothing will interfere with the process. The whitening agent is more easily absorbed by clean teeth. Additionally, professional whitening treatments are more efficient and effective than over-the-counter products.
- Dental bonding involves using a tooth-colored resin to restore or correct imperfections in the teeth. The material has a putty-like consistency that can be shaped and molded to the proper design. As a budget-friendly procedure, bonding corrects spacing issues, gaps, discolorations, and chipped or broken teeth.
- Veneers are thin shells of porcelain that transform the size, shape, and/or color of the teeth. Gapped, discolored, fractured, or crooked teeth can be addressed with veneers. The porcelain material closely resembles natural tooth enamel in color and opalescence. Veneers may be applied to a single tooth, multiple teeth, or an entire set for a smile makeover.
- Dental implants are posts that are precisely positioned in the jawbone to replace missing teeth. By using metal-free zirconia implants, Dr. Fischer gives patients a safe option to keep the gums and bone healthy. These implants provide the base for sturdy dental restorations. Topped with a crown, the result is a restoration that looks and functions like a natural tooth. Implants may replace a single tooth or multiples.
Cosmetic dental procedures improve the form, function, and overall health of your mouth. Enhance your smile with cosmetic dentistry. Contact Evergreen Dental Wellness in Annandale, VA to schedule an appointment with Dr. Fischer. Call 703-215-9630.
Back to Cosmetic Dentistry Page