Transform your smile with dental Lumineers in Annandale, VA
It may seem like everywhere you turn; people have flawless movie star-like smiles. It’s not a coincidence! Thanks to many modern advances in dental technologies, people have more options than ever before to safely and rapidly enhance the appearance of their teeth. At Evergreen Dental Wellness, patients in the Annandale, VA area can transform their smiles with a variety of cosmetic dentistry options, including dental Lumineers®.
What are Lumineers?
Lumineers are a type of dental veneer, which is a thin piece of porcelain that is placed over the front-facing surface of a tooth to change its appearance or color. Lumineers are trusted by dentists and have been in use for over 30 years, with over one million units placed on people’s teeth, making them a great option for patients who want to hide imperfections in their smile. For example, with Lumineers, crooked teeth or gaps can be hidden to achieve a glamorous Hollywood smile. What sets Lumineers apart from traditional veneers is their thinness – traditional veneers require a decent amount of healthy tooth structure to be ground down because they are thicker and therefore require more space to be made for them to fit and function naturally in your mouth. Lumineers, on the other hand, are designed to be ultra-thin, yet durable, and rarely require that healthy tooth structure be altered before they can be placed.
Issues that Lumineers can hide
Almost no one is born with a smile that is perfect in every way. While some people may have straight teeth, for example, they may struggle with stubborn stains from medications or other causes. Or, you may have always loved the appearance of your teeth but then an accident or wear and tear led to a chip or break in one or more teeth, affecting both the appearance of your smile and your self-confidence. Lumineers can mask these types of issues and many others, including:
- Permanently stained or discolored teeth that are resistant to tooth whitening
- Chips and fractures in teeth
- Uneven tooth size
- Misshapen teeth
- Mild misalignment
- Small gaps between teeth
- Aging dental work that still functions, but looks old and weathered
Even if your teeth don’t have any visible issues, Lumineers can give them that extra pizzazz to transform how you feel about your smile from good to fantastic.
Benefits of Lumineers
If you are considering your cosmetic treatment choices for your smile, you may be weighing the pros and cons of each option. Patients and dentists alike love Lumineers for many reasons:
- With Lumineers, teeth are only minimally prepared in a painless procedure that does not require shots or numbing agents
- Because only a very small portion of your tooth is removed, you don’t need to deal with having temporary veneers placed on your teeth while your Lumineers are being created
- They are completely reversible – with traditional veneers, your teeth are permanently altered to prepare or the placement, whereas Lumineers are completely reversible in most cases because your natural tooth has not been ground down
- Lumineers are designed with advanced computer technology to be as thin as possible for natural-looking results; in fact, Lumineers are only about as thick as a contact lens!
- Recovery is quick and pain-free; unlike other cosmetic procedures that can have long and painful recovery times, you can leave feeling as great as your new smile looks
- They provide an instant transformation; rather than wearing unsightly metal braces for years to fix crooked teeth, for example, some patients can achieve the same results in just two visits with Lumineers
The Lumineers placement process
Modern life is busy, and it can be difficult to find time for dental appointments—that’s another reason patients love Lumineers! The whole process only takes two pain-free visits. After determining that Lumineers are the best choice for you based on an in-depth consultation and evaluation, we will take impressions of your teeth and you will pick out the shade of white that you want for your Lumineers. Then, your custom Lumineers will be fabricated in the laboratory so they fit your teeth precisely and comfortably.
After we receive your Lumineers, you will come back to Evergreen Dental Wellness, where we will have you “try on” the Lumineers to ensure that they look, fit, and feel great. Then, without any numbing, drilling, or pain, we will apply the Lumineers to your teeth. You are then free to go about your normal daily routine, without sensitivity, pain, or other restrictions!
Taking care of your Lumineers
After your Lumineers are placed, you may be wondering if you need to do anything special to take care of them. You can even enjoy your favorite foods, even gum and sticky or crunchy foods. The rule of thumb is to take care of them like your normal teeth – brush after every meal (or at least twice per day), floss every day, and avoid biting on hard items like ice or pencils that could damage them. In addition, while they are naturally stain resistant, Lumineers can become dull or discolored due to the consumption of tea, coffee, red wine, and other deeply pigmented foods over time. With good oral hygiene and care, Lumineers can last as long as 20 years, or more in some cases!
Learn more in a consultation
If you are in the Annandale area or surrounding communities and are searching for “Dental Lumineers near me,” you have come to the right place! At Evergreen Dental Wellness, Dr. Richard Fischer and Dr. Zeena Al-Timimi are here to help you achieve the beautiful smile you deserve—all while using holistic methods and biocompatible materials that maintain your oral health and overall wellness. We want you to feel great about your smile and are here to answer your questions, as well as discuss the cost of Lumineers treatment and the payment options available to help fit them into your budget.
To learn more about Lumineers for your teeth and whether they are right for you, call us today at (703) 215-9630 to schedule your personalized consultation. If you are an existing patient, you can reach us at (703) 256-4441 or ask us about Lumineers at your next visit!