Welcome to our practice
Dr. Fischer graduated from Georgetown University School of Dentistry where he then served as Clinical Instructor in the Department of Dental Materials. He currently serves on the faculty of The American College of Integrative Medicine and Dentistry. In his post-graduate education he has participated in over 5000 hours of professional training in various aspects of dentistry, as well as other health care sciences, including clinical nutrition, immunology, toxicology, cranial osteopathy, TMJ orthopedics, sleep medicine, homeopathy and acupuncture. He has been awarded Fellowship Degrees by the Academy of General Dentistry (1983), The Academy of Stress and Chronic Disease, The International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology (1992) and the American Academy of Ozonotherapy (2013). He was awarded Mastership Honors by the International Academy of Oral Medicine & Toxicology, for which he also served as President (1994-96).
Dr. Fischer was the first dentist ever to be invited as expert witness before Congress (2002, 2004, 2008) to testify on the potential health and environmental risks of mercury from dental fillings. In addition to testifying before Congress on 3 occasions, he has also testified before NIH, the FDA, the EPA, the National Academies of Science, and the U.S. State Department.
He was awarded Board Certification by the American Naturopathic Medical Board (1990), The National Board of Homeopathy in Dentistry (1984), and became one of only two dentists in Virginia ever to have been awarded the Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine by the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine (2011) for his advanced achievements in treating patients with sleep apnea and snoring.
He has had numerous scientific papers published in scientific journals in the U.S. and Europe and authored a chapter in the British textbook Complementary Therapies in Dental Practice (Butterworth-Heinemann, 1996). Dr. Fischer has served many scientific and professional health organizations, including:
- Academy of General Dentistry (Fellow, Emeritus Member)
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (Diplomate)
- American Academy of Ozonotherapy (Fellow)
- American Dental Association (Life Member)
- American College on Integrative Medicine and Dentistry (Faculty)
- Holistic Dental Association
- Homeopathic Medical Society of Pennsylvania (Board of Trustees)
- Cranial Academy
- Foundation for Homeopathic Education (Board of Directors)
- American Institute of Homeopathy (Vice President)
- Southern Homeopathic Medical Association (Vice President)
- International Academy of Biological Dentistry and Medicine (Charter Member)
- International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (Past President, Master, Fellow, Accredited)
- Virginia Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (Board member)
Dr. Fischer has been in private practice in Annandale since 1976. He has given numerous presentations throughout North America and Europe, has been quoted extensively in books on health, and has been featured on many television, radio and documentary films.