Invisalign® straightens your teeth without braces in Annandale, VA
Have you always dreamed about having beautiful, straight teeth but don’t want to go through the hassle of having uncomfortable and unsightly metal braces? Or perhaps you had braces when you were young, but your teeth have shifted out of their ideal position over time and you can’t imagine having braces again. If either scenario applies to you, then Invisalign® clear teeth straighteners may be the perfect treatment for you! At Evergreen Dental Wellness in Annandale, VA, we offer Invisalign treatment so you can straighten your teeth discreetly, comfortably, and in many cases, quite rapidly.
Benefits of having straight teeth
The importance of the boost in self-confidence that you can experience when you are proud to flash your dazzling smile cannot be overstated. When you feel great about your smile, it can have a dramatic impact on your social, work, and home life – a smile puts other people at ease and makes them feel good, and when you no longer feel like you need to hide yours, it can truly impact your life in great ways.
Did you know that having straight teeth is also good for your oral health? It’s true! Straight teeth help keep your teeth and gums healthy by:
- Making it easier to keep your teeth clean – When your teeth are in their proper position and are not crowded, you can more easily brush all of their surfaces and floss well between them; even better, when floss is not always getting stuck in the tight spaces between overcrowded teeth and causing frustration, you are more likely to do it regularly, which is essential for good oral health.
- Promoting gum health – Teeth that are too far apart or too close together can lead to gum irritation, swelling, and redness. Periodontal disease can wreak havoc not only on your oral health, but also your overall health and wellbeing. Gum disease has been linked to heart attacks, strokes, and several other deadly conditions, so it is important to keep your gums healthy.
- Reducing wear and tear on your teeth – When your teeth and bite are well-aligned, your teeth and jaw are simply better able do what they were designed to do—biting into and chewing your food. By reducing uneven wear and tear on your teeth due to a misaligned bite or poor contact between your teeth when you chew, your teeth are better able to withstand the forces that biting and chewing place on them, which can lead to reduced visits to the dentist and costly dental restorations in the future.
- Reducing aches and pains – If you find that you often wake up with headaches or pain in your jaw, neck, or ears, you may have a misaligned jaw that can be corrected with Invisalign. When your bite is in better alignment, it reduces the stress placed on your jawbone and the sensitive temporomandibular joints (TMJs), which can lead to a better quality of life for you.
What Invisalign can treat
Invisalign is not just for straightening crooked teeth – this revolutionary treatment can do much more! Patients with the following types of dental issues may benefit from Invisalign invisible teeth aligners:
- Misaligned teeth
- Overcrowded teeth
- Teeth with mild gaps between them
- Open bite
The Invisalign process
The first step in your Invisalign journey is to schedule an initial consultation at Evergreen Dental Wellness. At this appointment, we will talk with you about your goals for your teeth, including what you like and don’t like about them, and what your preferences for treatment are. In addition we will perform a comprehensive evaluation to determine if Invisalign is the right treatment option for your specific needs. In some cases, such as when crowding or bite issues are severe, traditional orthodontic treatment options are better suited for patients and will deliver better results. If Invisalign is appropriate for you, we will also inform you of your Invisalign treatment cost, and will answer any questions that you have about the treatment process and whether it is right for you.
After your treatment has been planned out, your series of clear aligners will be fabricated in the state-of-the-art Invisalign laboratory. Invisalign aligners are made from BPA-free plastic that is designed for your comfort, and the aligners are individually trimmed to perfectly match your gumline, so they are not poking your gums or causing pain when you wear them.
Once your aligners are ready, you will come into the office and we will go over everything you need to know about wearing and caring for them. Patients achieve the best results when they wear their aligners for a minimum of 20-22 hours per day, but you are free to take them out to enjoy all your favorite foods and beverages without restriction and to brush and floss your teeth. Every two weeks, you will switch out your current set of aligners for the next set in the series, progressively shifting your teeth into the ideal position for a straight and healthy smile.
The average Invisalign treatment time is 12 months. Throughout this time, you will come into our office for periodic check-ups that are painless and quick – no wire or bracket adjustments necessary! These visits allow the doctor to check on your progress, answer questions, and make any adjustments to your treatment plan if needed. When your treatment is complete, we will provide you with a clear retainer so you can maintain your terrific results over time.
Start your Invisalign journey by calling us today
If you are ready to take the next step towards the smile you have always wanted, call Evergreen Dental Wellness in Annandale, VA today! New patients can reach us at 703-215-9630. If you are an existing patient, call us at 703-256-4441.